During the time when friends and families are celebrating the holidays, criminals are making plans of their own. When homes are full of new pieces of technology and expensive gifts gathered together under the tree, criminals know that these are times when home intrusions can be the most profitable. Unfortunately, at the same time when many families are planning to celebrate with their loved ones, burglars are making their plans to interrupt these plans. In fact, many statistics indicate that more burglaries occur during the last week of the year than any other time.
Both residential and commercial security systems, however, can help home and business owners protect themselves and their property. With everything from video surveillance systems to motion detectors, these systems provide peace of mind whether you are at home or away. We live in a time where no place is safe from crime. Even people who live in the midwestern city of Omaha, Nebraska, and smaller surrounding communities have to be on the look out. Home security systems from Omaha to New York and from Minneapolis to San Francisco help both home and business owners sleep safely and work away from home in comfort.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the home and commercial security system industry, the many reasons that are used, and the impact this industry has on the nation’s economy:
- $16.6 billion was the total of all property lost in reported property crimes in the year 2013.
- 85% of police officials surveyed believed that home monitoring systems help deter burglary attempts.
- 30% of burglars enter a home through an unlocked window or door.
- 18 million home security systems are currently installed in the US.
- Due to a lack of witnesses or physical evidence, police usually only solve about 13% of all reported burglaries. Video surveillance systems, however, can provide some of the needed evidence.
- When a home security system is installed, some insurance providers offer discounts up to as much as 20%.
Finding the right security system for your home and business has many benefits. From feeling safe when it is time to go to bed or leave the office, to reaping insurance benefits, a growing number of home and business owners make sure that they install the latest security and surveillance systems.