Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) apparatus play an important role in the lives of many chemists and physicists. These scientists, in turn, play important roles in many industries. From railroad technology to medical lab discoveries to college physics labs that serve as a training ground for the next round of inventors, being on the lookout for an affordably priced NMR for sale can determine the success rates of a lab.
Although these machines and monitors may not be well known outside the physics and chemistry world, an NMR for sale, whether it is a benchtop NMR spectrometer or a smaller, portable NMR can have a profound effect on research accuracy across a variety of fields. Used to investigate the NMR of protons in fluorine and hydrogen using the continuous wave technique in a variety of different chemical environments, chemists and physicists are able to measure gyromagnetic ratios, nuclear magnetic moments, and lande factors.
In college level and higher physics labs precise measurements are essential, so NMR interpretation software playa a key role in the success or failure of many research projects. Consider some of these facts and figures about the kind of information that these advanced machines need to be able to measure:
- Hydrogen nuclei are the number one most studied nuclei.
- The superconducting magnet had been largely adopted by chemists in the 1960s, but the first commercial spectrometers were based on conventional electromagnets and permanent magnets.
- A procedure which quickly replaced prior scanning techniques, the first demonstrated Fourier transform nuclear magnetic resonance (FT NMR) was developed by Richard Ernst in 1966.
- The first commercial spectrometers were created and quickly became a key tool for research chemists in the 1950s.
- Later sharing the Nobel Prize for their work in 1952, Felix Bloch and Edward Mills Purcell first demonstrated NMR in 1946.
- In today’s modern chemistry, NMR is one of the top analytical methods, and one of the most useful.
If your company is working with old and outdated lab equipment, you are likely not being as productive as you could be. With the latest NMR spectrometers, however, your company’s workflow process can improve.