If you’re a business owner who’s resistant to using too much technology, don’t be.
Like it or not, more and more business is conducted online and while a handshake and face-to-face conversations are still useful, online business and technological advances continue to change the way companies like yours do business every single day.
For many businesses, technological upgrades have been very helpful when it comes to making calls. Conducting business on the phone plays a role in nearly $1 trillion in consumer spending. If you’re in need of a long overdue upgrade, a cloud-based phone system or a hybrid phone system is the sensible thing to spend money on, no matter how big or small your business is.
You’re probably wondering, what the heck is a cloud based phone system? It’s a phone service hosted by a cloud service, which means there are phone lines and that calling data that used to be stored on answering machines is stored on a server.
For all businesses, it eliminates the need for wiring, phone bills and outdated storage technology.
Cloud based phone system can offer many benefits such as:
- Cost savings: It will save you money because you don’t have to pay for wiring or the cost of a land line. Instead, it allows your business to adapt with the times for less money.
- Time savings: This kind of phone system can also save your business a lot of time. You won’t waste time setting up a traditional phone system or having to keep paper records.
- Remote access: If your employees often work remotely, a cloud system can easily be linked with multiple cell phones. So it’s easy to keep in contact with employees and it helps make them more mobile to conduct business instead of spending the whole day in the office.
- Advancements: Today’s business world moves pretty fast and it’s important to keep up. With a cloud based phone system, a business will have advanced features like call forwarding, message management, voicemail and business SMS to name a few.
Some of the advanced calling features your business can benefit from include:
- Message management: Manage messages, voicemails and other vital information much easier.
- Business SMS: Send and receive text messages from either your company’s local number or toll-free number.
- Call forwarding: Forward calls to anyone you need to, whether you need to forward calls to a support team, development team or customer service desk.
- Voicemail: Record your own voicemail, read voicemails online and set up multiple voicemails among other features.
Along with a new phone system, an audiovisual integrator can also be useful for conducting business. An audio visual integrator combines all of hardware elements of a business and combining them into one fully integrated system so you can communicate with customers via phone, via the web and via video conferencing.
A good audiovisual integrator or AV integration company offers a smooth experience for all your AV components, using cutting-edge technology to prove your business with the essential tools it needs for business. Doing a little bit of research can help your company find the right audiovisual integrator for its needs.
As you can see, there are many benefits and features of a cloud-based phone system. If you’re still wondering, why will it be good for my business, consider this: You’ll appear professional to customers (and perhaps a lot bigger than your business really is) with the advanced features that such a system offers. You’ll also be able to save time and money with a system in place that’s equipped to help you conduct business with today’s consumers.
By now, it’s estimated that 96% of organizations are using some form of cloud-based system, whether for phones or cloud computing. With a cloud based phone system, your business will be more productive, mobile and adaptable, ensuring that you can be a major player in the current business climate. An audiovisual integrator can also be beneficial and AV installers can set you up with cutting-edge audio visual technology and a seamless audiovisual system.